WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a CauseLabs Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between UI/UX design and technical implementation. You’ll foster collaboration by taking an active role on both sides, working within a project team to define how an application looks as well as how it works.
Strong hands-on experience is a must. In particular:
- 3–5 years of agency experience with a focus on front end web engineering
- Advanced CSS/Sass knowledge and direct experience creating modern fully custom, interactive front end experiences for complex projects
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Git, Composer, npm/yarn, webpack
- Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS and general knowledge of hosting platforms
- Experience developing solutions for WordPress and other open source CMS platforms
- Experience working remotely as part of a team
Technologies we regularly employ:
- CSS3, Sass
- AWS EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3
- Ubuntu/Linux Server administration
- JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, Zoom, G Suite
- WP Engine
- Solve complex problems in simple ways
- Resolve defects and address client issues in a fast-paced environment
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly when required
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment
- Deploy changes to live servers
- Assess and apply security best practices on all environments
- Assess and apply Accessibility best practices on all environments
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We know we can’t have all the things so we’ve developed some pretty specific examples of the experience an exceptional candidate may possess. While you may not be able to check all of these boxes, they’ll give you a sense of the skills required to stand out from the crowd.
- Can communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues, clients, and business stakeholders across a variety of mediums including email, chat and video
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, including analysis, identification of a problem, and clearly outlining a path to a solution
- Has an understanding of issues related to scaling high-performance and high-traffic websites, including the importance of quick-loading pages and how to create performant code
- Believes web standards and usability are essential to the success of any site
- Knows Git and adheres to a workflow, including deployment and continuous integration tools
- Can expertly debug performance and caching issues
- Is familiar with data security best practices
- Can set up a local environment for testing code
- Is familiar with writing unit tests and acceptance tests
- Knows their way around a server—basic web server configuration, cron management, package management, and basic shell familiarity
- Is familiar with using and extending WP-CLI
- Is familiar with WordPress coding standards and best practices
WHAT TO EXPECT
A day in the life of a CauseLabs Front End Engineer can vary widely. You might find yourself:
- Hands-on with web application development
- Collaborating with project team members to find ideal solutions to roadblocks and challenges
- Troubleshooting a defect ticket on a familiar or unfamiliar project
- Providing a code review for another team member
On a typical client project you’ll find yourself working within a small project team consisting of a project manager, creative strategist, and a team of engineers (hey, that’s you!) that will work closely and collaboratively with clients to achieve the project goals. You’ll be a core part of our growth as we continue to serve and lead our market.
CauseLabs is a digital services agency specialized in strategic problem solving and complex platform design and development for world-changing organizations.
Our core focus is to grow positive impact and we do so by leveraging technology as a force for good while delivering amazing client experiences. We understand the unique challenges of the nonprofit and social enterprise sectors and partner with innovative organizations to build websites, web applications and platforms that deliver impact-driven, scalable results.
In partnership with a diverse portfolio of nonprofit and social enterprise organizations, our work has impacted the lives of over 250 million people globally.
We're a growing team headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas with team members throughout the USA. Learn more about us at www.causelabs.com.